It’s nice that the feast of St. Euphrosynos falls right in the middle of apple season. We’re going apple picking with our homeschool co-op in a couple weeks, but every so often that trip coincides with this feast day. We love the simplicity of this humble boy’s life, proving that you don’t have to be a theologian or all that extraordinary to be sanctified.
Recipe for Paleo-ish Apple Cinnamon Muffins:
• 2c Birch Benders Paleo Pancake Mix
• 2 apples peeled, cored, and diced
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4c maple syrup
• 1tsp vanilla extract
• 1 1/3c water
• 1 egg
Preheat oven to 375. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Mix all ingredients except apples together until batter is well combined then stir in apples at the end. Spoon mixture into muffin tin and bake 30min.
Other St. Euphrosynos feast day ideas:
• Many Mercies: St. Euphrosynos and humble pie
• Ancient Faith Radio Saint of the Day: St. Euphrosynos the Cook of Alexandria
• The Boy, a Kitchen, and His Cave
• St. Euphrosynos coloring page
• Illumination Learning: Crafts for Orthodox Youth – St. Euphrosynos